Sunday, July 28, 2013

Three Things

ONE As mentioned below by Bishakh, the Graphic Canon Volume 3 is now available. I have a one-page illustration of the Donald Barthelme story “I Bought a Little City.” There are loads of talented artists in this one, including T Edward Bak, Juliacks, Cole Johnson, Matt Wiegle, Lauren Weinstein, Onsmith, David Lasky, R. Sikoryak, Robert Goodin, Trevor Alixopulos, Ellen Lindner, Mardou, Julia Gfrörer, and our own Bishakh Som, to mention a few of my favorites. It also debuted at #4 on the New York Times’ list of bestselling Paperback Graphic Books.



TWO The Big Feminist But is out, edited by our own Joan Reilly along with Shannon O’Leary and Suzanne Kleid, and it includes a collaborative story I did with Jesse Reklaw. I have mixed feelings and zero perspective on my contribution at this moment, but I can say that there are some really good stories by people such as Lauren Weinstein, Vanessa Davis and Trevor Alixopulos, Ron Rege Jr, Dylan Williams, Corinne Mucha, Gabrielle Bell and more. This, in my opinion, is the right kind of concept for an anthology about feminism. There’s also a nice review at Paste Magazine.



THREE The second set of three books in The Cocktail Hour series is here, with a few recipes by your friend Andrice (me). These three are illustrated by Jeremy Tinder, Gemma Correll, and Dilraj Mann. This time around it’s Whiskey, Tequila and Brandy.

The Log Lady is made with whiskey, fresh blackberries, maple syrup and smoked salt

No comments: