Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Taurus Time


So maybe I’ve been looking at too many sci-fi paperback covers from the ’70s lately. Whatever, I think maybe it’s OK. I’m also super excited to be OIL PAINTING again! I’ve been thinking about it for quite a while, and this show seemed like a good opportunity to pull out my box of oil paints that I haven’t opened since I moved to Portland. I did these on Arches oil paper, which I think is a new product, and I’m really into it. It has a similar texture to nice printmaking paper, and allegedly you can paint straight on it with oils and it’s still archival.

This show:
Dig In Your Heels: A Taurus Art Show
SoHiTek Gallery
625 NW Everett St #102
Opening Thursday May 2, 6-9 pm
Art by Andrice Arp, Sean Christensen ABT, Cameron Hawkey, Graham Kahler, Marsuplala, Mark Quemada, Amber Smith, Daria Tessler, and Rebecca Urias.

No comments: