Monday, November 19, 2012

Planned Obsolescence

My zine is now available in my Etsy shop. I made my first zine! I know, right? What.

It felt like something I had to do. The idea (sort of/partially) was to put something out without thinking too much about it, something that was sort of personal. Of course I tend to think endlessly about anything I put out (except the times when, inexplicably, I don’t) so that didn’t exactly work out as planned. Some of the pages are carefully considered, some aren’t. The conflict between the desire to just put it all out there and the desire to a.) make something I was proud of and b.) control everything, as usual, made for a very strange end product. I think.

It’s about the balance between how much you reveal and how much you obscure. And I’m revealing too much right now. So don’t read this, okay?

Also, whatever, it’s only 32 pages. Including the cover. And I’m acting like it’s like the most amazing feat I’ve ever accomplished.

Another embarrassing fact: it took me (more than) a year to make this.

I’m pretty excited about it.


2 comments:

Alixopulos said...

I'm excited to read this!

A Arp said...

I'm going to send you guys one!